Sapphire microdermabrasion is the system of pushing specially refined crystals at high velocity onto the surface of the skin to exfoliate dead skin cells and promote the generation of new skin cells, thereby creating a skin surface which is clear, youthful and glowing.
The Sapphire Microdermabrasion unit uses a vacuum suction nozzle performing a dual role: to suction the skin and promote lymphatic drainage and to remove excess crystals and abraded skin cells.
This procedure can be used to treat a number of skin conditions and complaints, and results can be seen following just one treatment. As further treatments are undertaken, results become even clearer to see and feel.
Microdermabrasion as a standalone treatment provides excellent results for the following conditions:
Common Indications for use:
- Rejuvenation of skin health
- Brightens dull skin
- Enlivens stressed skin
- Smoothes and restores the skins texture
- Restores & revives mature skin
- Hyperpigmentation reduction (age spots)
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Deep facial cleansing
- Refines and reduces scar tissue
- Male skin treatment
- Enlarged and open pores
Since the treatment is perfectly tolerable, no form of anaesthesia is necessary. The client will notice a regular improvement of the treated area during the course of Sapphire microdermabrasion treatments.
Depending on the indications and the wishes of the client, the number of Sapphire microdermabrasion treatments may vary from 1 to 30. This extremely flexible method is perfectly adaptable to any lifestyle while guaranteeing excellent results. Clients may interrupt the treatment program when they are satisfied with the results.
Following a micro-dermabrasion treatment, certain symptoms may appear, the intensity of which depends on the treatment intensity. The practitioner must take into account these potential reactions and provide adequate information, namely:
- Redness and light oedema may occur in the first 24 hours or longer depending upon the depth of treatment
- Saunas, physical effort, heat and alcohol will contribute in increasing the intensity of these initial symptoms, so should be avoided for 24/48 hours
- Peeling of the epidermis may occur. This is a positive reaction which indicates the treatment is effective in triggering cellular renewal
- Avoid highly perfumed products
- Use only the products advised by your practitioner
- The use of active products that promote cellular renewal is strongly recommended
- The use of a total sunblock is mandatory SPF 30 or above
- Avoid tanning salons, sun exposure and radiation for 15 days after treatment, or for the entire course of treatment.
- The client should avoid wearing make up for the first 24 hours
- The client should not use ‘dirty’ moisturisers i.e. pots of cream into which they have put their fingers. They should purchase a new product and use a spatula for the duration of their microdermabrasion treatment
- Moisturiser should be liberally applied as directed by the practitioner.
“I have been having my facials with Viktoryia for a number of years & I am always pleased with the results. Viktoryia’s treatments are 1st Class, her enthusiasm is excellent, always willing to advise for what is more beneficial to me with products. I trust Viktoryia implicitly. I often get asked by people what products I use on my face & how nice my skin looks. Viktoryia is very professional & uses some of the most up-to-date skincare. Thanks to Viktoryia my skin looks as good as it can get. Wonderful relaxing facials.”