Radio Frequency provides skin tightening treatments that instantly contract tissue and strengthen collagen fibres for smoother and plumper looking skin.
One of the joys of the treatment is visible results immediately which continues to improve for several months;
Radio frequency (RF) is an advanced technology that safely heats the collagen in the skin (dermis). If sufficient energy is delivered, the collagen will contract, providing an immediate change in skin appearance. The treatment also triggers a second process of new collagen production, leading to a significant change in skin appearance. A result of collagen remodelling is tighter, younger looking skin.
Indications for use:
- Skin tightening
- Improves lymphatic drainage
- Tightens enlarged pores
- Jaw line, diminishes jowling and sagging along the jaw
- Stimulates new collagen and elastin production
Radio-frequency machines produce radio waves. These radio-waves heat up the collagen in the dermis and subcutaneous fat (fat under skin). Heat produced by radio-frequency contracts (shrinks) collagen in dermis and also stimulates collagen production. New collagen assist in the reduction of wrinkles, lines and cellulitis.
The local heating causes an immediate contraction of the collagen fibres and at the same time increases the metabolism of the Fibroblasts thereby accelerating the production of new Collagen and Elastic fibres.
The contraction of Collagen fibres and the regeneration of the Collagen and Elastin deposits, tighten the skin layers creating smoother, healthier and younger looking skin.
In general, skin treated will be immediately brighter and more compact, with an improvement in texture. Also, the areas with a lack of tone will be visibly firmer.
Contraindications to Radio Frequency treatment:
- Skin diseases
- Active Rosacea and severe acne
- Thyroid gland area
- Metallic implants, e g. artificial metal hip joints or dental plates
- Infections in the area treated
- People with sensory disturbance to the skin
- Electrical devices e.g., pacemakers
- Dermatological pathologies as herpes, skin cancer auto-immunisations dysfunctions
- Cardiovascular dysfunctions
- Flu or fever
- Presence in current or recent clinical past of malignant neoplasia or radio or chemo therapy
- Following Botox or other injected fillers it is advisable to leave 10 to 14 days before carrying out Radio frequency treatment in the area
- Permanent fillers.
“I have been looking for a treatment to firm and rejuvenate my dull and sun damaged skin. I was told about Viktoryia’s Dermapen treatments being brilliant for brightening and firming! With only three treatments and some amazing Obagi skin products my face is looking fabulous! Everybody comments so you know it must be good! This is without any fillers!” Love, your committed client for life.”