Beauty therapy consists essentially of two elements – counteracting the effects of aging and repairing the ravages brought on by lack of exercise, poor diet, effects of illness and infections and the polluted environment.
Infrared therapy helps slow down the effects of aging by accelerating cell regeneration and counteracting the effects of environmental damage by detoxifying the body and improving the immune system. FIR treatment also helps fight off disease by strengthening the immune system.
What is Infrared?
Infrared is electromagnetic energy. It is part of the electromagnetic spectrum of light from the sun, ranging from radio waves, through Microwaves, then Infrared, visible light, ultraviolet, xrays and gamma rays.(see chart) Infrared means below red (infra from Latin meaning below) which has the longest of the visible light 7 colours (as in the rainbow with violet having the shortest). Like colours of the rainbow, infrared also features divisions near, mid and far infrared (FIR). Much of the spectrum is absorbed by the earth’s atmosphere in a way that enables life to exist.
Infrared is a band of light that we perceive as heat. Infrared radiation, or radiant heat, represents over half of the energy emitted by the sun. Infra red rays heat our bodies by a process called conversion. Through conversion, FIR can penetrate the human body without heating the air in-between.
You may notice a similar effect on partly cloudy days when a cloud obscures the sun, you suddenly feel cooler, but the air temperature around you has not had time to be affected. The cloud blocked the sun’s infrared rays from penetrating your body.
Near Infrared and Mid Infrared will also heat the body, even more quickly than FIR, but have the associated problem that they almost totally bypass the body’s receptors, so the body’s central nervous system does not receive any “high temperature warning”, which could have serious consequences. (NIR – Near Infrared – is often used in industry to cure glue and paint, MIR – Mid Infrared – is a visible red light that should not be used at close range, but is used in food warming and some medical applications ) Do not use Near or Mid Infrared without having consulted a GP.
Far Infrared heat treatments are safe and beneficial for all ages. You also have direct control over the temperature during treatment, allowing the heat to be in or decreased depending on their needs and comfort.
Why do we need FIR?
FIR therapy utilises the body’s largest organ – the skin – which constantly excretes toxins through sweat, while also increasing the cell division process and mobilising lymphatic drainage. This internal cleaning process improves the immune system and protects the body from many common diseases. .
for maintenance and not sufficient as therapy.
What FIR Heat Therapy can offer:
– Eliminates : Organic Chemicals – from building materials, food additives, solvents, pesticides, formaldehyde and more
– Removes Toxic Metals – copper, lead, arsenic, mercury, cadmium and fluoride.
– Cleans Biological Toxins – bacteria and fungi which produce powerful toxins, contributing to many diseases.
– Eliminates Ionising Radiation – depleted uranium, radioactive materials, cat and other scans, xrays and sources of medical waste
-Weight loss – to produce 1g of sweat requires 0,568 kcal of energy. You can easily lose 500g of sweat during FIR treatment, consuming approx 300kcal – roughly equivalent to a 2-3 mile run.
How Detoxification works
Raising body temperature is one of the basic physiological effects of saunas. This can : – increase circulation and help dislodge toxins from hard to reach areas like sinuses, teeth and bones. – through hyperthermia the effects of radiation, damaged cells, toxic heavy metals and chemicals can be eliminated. – normalise enzymatic activity, enhance cellular function FIR will rejuvenate and reactivate the skin as a major elimination organ.
Sweating is an excellent method of eliminating toxins, allowing the liver and kidney to rest, while allowing the elimination process to proceed. FIR is thus suitable for the elderly and those with impaired metabolism or those who cannot sweat easily.
During an FIR session we can restore the parasympathetic nervous system which will activate the liver, spleen, pancreas, kidneys, stomach, intestines and colon, nourishing the body and speeding up toxin elimination.
To obtain the best detoxification results will require the client to be relaxed during the treatment which should be combined with a careful diet and drinking lots of water. Because detoxification requires energy, clients should avoid strenuous activities that deplete energy, get sufficient sleep (9 – 10 hours), have plenty of fresh air and relax.
Benefits of FIR Therapy Treatments
- Detoxification – eliminate foreign pathogens, toxins and cellular waste
- Burns calories and may help with weight loss and cellulite reduction
- Relieve pain and decrease joint stiffness, muscle spasm, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome and general pain management
- Infrared penetrates deeply into joints, muscles and tissues enhancing delivery of oxygen and nutrients while increasing circulation
- Infrared also promotes regeneration and fast healing, soothes sensory nerve endings and causes muscle relaxatio
- As a de-stressing treatment FIR also helps treat SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder) – stimulates the hypothalamus which controls the production of neuro-chemicals involved in such biological processes such as sleep, mood, pain sensation and blood pressure
- Improves microcirculation by rotational and vibratory effects at molecular level
- Relief of respiratory congestion – deep cleanses and purifies the skin, improves many dermatological issues
- Helps restore activity to water molecules in the body – relieves congestion of the internal organs, eliminate blood stagnation in the internal organs.
- Normalising alkalinity – balance PH of the body, helps to dissolve calcium or other toxin deposits
- Increase the activity of the sebaceous and sudoriferous glands improving skin condition and creating deep cleansing actionPLUS…
- FIR energy strengthens the immune system by stimulating increased production of white blood cells (leukocytes) by the bone marrow and killer T-cells by the thymus gland. It reduces the frequency of colds and respiratory infections.
- FIR promotes the rebuilding of injured tissue by having a positive effect on the fibroblasts (connective tissue cells necessary for repair).
- FIR increases the growth of cells, DNA and protein synthesis necessary during tissue repair and regeneration as well as improving healing, scar tissue and skin problems.
- FIR promotes bone growth and helps prevent osteoporosis. FIR relieves nervous tension and relaxes autoneuro muscles. It reduces soreness in nerve endings and muscle spasms by heating muscle fibres.
- FIR improves the balance of blood pressure, blood sugar and nutrients in the cells, resulting in increased muscle strength, vitality and mental stability.
- FIR also helps regulate hormonal levels of melatonin (derived from serotonin) that plays a part in sleep, aging and reproduction.
- FIR strengthens the cardiovascular system by increasing heart rate and cardiac output, while decreasing diastolic blood pressure.
- FIR heat aids the functioning of the endocrine system by converting radiant energy into electrochemical impulses to the pineal and pituitary glands to produce healthy hormones.
FIR treatment causes loss of body fluids through perspiration. It is important that you drink plenty of water or fruit juice to re-hydrate following treatment. Water imbalances of only 1 – 2% can lead to ill health. Increased water consumption also aids toxin elimination. After FIR treatment you should rest to allow the body temperature and blood circulation to normalise.
A healthy lifestyle and exercise are essential. Try to include in the diet, natural foods containing enzymes. Eat them in a raw state if possible, vegetable juicing is an excellent option. Add minerals and sea salt to your diet (if using FIR spa/sauna regularly) You should rest lying down as much as possible, reduce stress and strains as well as mental and physical activity. Breathe deeply and slowly. plenty of fresh air is recommended.